It's easy to sell crypto and get local currency from Okcoin. Depending on your account settings, the process may be a bit different. Here's a full guide, but you can skip some of the steps if you've already completed them.
1. Add personal info and mobile phone on OKX
You only need to do this step once for each OKX account.
To sell crypto, you need to add your personal info to verify your identity. You also need to add your mobile phone number as a confirmation method.
- To add personal info, go to the Verification page and click Verify in the Level 1 section. Learn more about Level 1 verification.
- To add a mobile phone, go to Security settings and click Set in the Mobile verification section.
Alternatively, you can just follow the steps in the next section. You'll need to add personal info and mobile phone before checking the list of offers.
2. Start your sale
Once your OKX account is ready, you can start selling crypto with our third-party partners, including Okcoin. Here's how to do it:
- Select Buy crypto in the top menu.
- Go to the Express tab and switch to Sell in the interactive widget.
- Enter how much you want to get in yout local currency under You receive. Alternatively, you can enter how much crypto you want to sell under You sell.
- Select the receiving method. Depending on your region, there might be several different options.
- Click Sell to check all the available offers.
Entering sale info
- Select the Okcoin offer. You'll either find it highlighted as the Best offer, or in the More offers list.
- Click Sell again. You can check the price and amount in the sale confirmation details.
- If everything looks good, check the I understand... box and click Go to Okcoin to sell. You'll go to the Okcoin widget to complete your sale.
3. Verify your Okcoin account
You only need to do this step once for each Okcoin account created.
Okcoin and OKX accounts are different. You need both to buy crypto. Okcoin will create an account before your first purchase. Your new Okcoin account will have the same email or mobile phone as your OKX account.
You'll also need to complete identity verification on Okcoin, regardless of your OKX verification status. Here's how to get your account and verify it:
- Enter the code Okcoin sent to your email or mobile phone and click Continue.
- Select your Region of residence.
- Add your personal info. The exact info depends on your region, but Okcoin usually asks for:
- First and middle name
- Last name
- Date of birth
- Type of ID document
- ID number
- Street address
- Postal code
- If you selected any European Union country, you'll need to complete two more verifications. You'll get all the instructions from Okcoin for these steps:
- ID photo and video verification.
- Address verification.
Once you've completed all the required verification steps, you can sell crypto on Okcoin.
4. Complete your sale and withdraw
You can complete your sale in the Okcoin widget. Check the sale amount, current price and fees, and then confirm the sale.
Selling crypto with Okcoin
Checking the sales details
After the sale, you'll be able to withdraw local currency to your bank account immediately. By doing this manually, you stay in control of where and when your money is going. Here's how to do it:
- On the sale confirmation screen, click Withdraw funds.
Withdrawing from Okcoin
- Select your receiving method or add a new one under Withdraw to. Okcoin only supports bank account withdrawals. Learn how to add a bank account on Okcoin.
- Enter the amount you want to withdraw, check the withdrawal time, fees and total amount.
Checking the withdrawal details
- Confirm the withdrawal with the code from your email, mobile phone or authenticator app.
You can also withdraw later from your Okcoin funding account if you don't want to withdraw immediately. Follow Okcoin withdrawal guide to do this.
Withdrawal times and fees depend on your bank. Check all the Okcoin deposit and withdrawal methods and fees.
Note - There's a 24-hour hold for your very first bank account transfer. All the next withdrawals have regular processing time.