When a user withdraws crypto from OKX to the on-chain wallet, the withdrawal might be successful but cannot be credited to the account. It may be because the withdrawal is transferred to a wrong chain. For example, you are supposed to withdraw it into the ETH wallet, but you accidentally withdrew it into the MetaX wallet. How to retrieve it after the wrong transfer? You can refer to the following procedures.
Import the private key or the seed phrase of the ETH wallet to your MetaX wallet in OKX
1. Open OKX homepage, and click MetaX – Connect wallet.
2. Select MetaX and type in the password, then click Unlock.
Transfer funds back to OKX via the MetaX wallet
Note: When withdrawing, there shall be OKT in the MetaX wallet as the fee.
1. Click Exchange next to MetaX – Assets – Deposit – Select USDT – Select USDT-OEC – Continue.
2. Copy the USDT deposit address.
Note: MetaX supports EVM (Ethereum Virtual Machine), and both follow the same set of public key and private key generation rules, so the addresses, private keys, and seed phrases between MetaX wallets and ETH wallets can be used interchangeably.
3. Click MetaX and select USDT – Send, paste the address copied from Step b. to the recipient address, and fill in Amount – click Continue.
4. After confirming the transfer info is correct, click Confirm.
After completing the above procedures, users can reselect the correct chain to withdraw in OKX.
During the withdrawal process, if users selected the wrong chain, the withdrawal may not be shown. Therefore, it is recommended that users confirm the deposit addresses and their corresponding chains. For example, USDT-ERC20 belongs to ETH, USDT-TRC20 belongs to TRX, and USDT-OEC belongs to OEC.
If you want to transfer ERC20 in the ETH wallet into the MetaX wallet, you can also follow the above procedures to operate.